We’re looking for A-Players to join our growing team!
Experienced Associate needed for rapidly-growing Austin-based consulting practice. Position will provide experience working with clients with significant growth potential, as well as potential exposure to complicated financial issues. Position requires a can-do, hands-on attitude and an ability to provide superior financial services to fast-growing clients in various industries. Successful applicants will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, will be comfortable in both early stage and scaling companies, and will possess the financial expertise necessary to add value to clients by improving processes and procedures.
The ideal applicant is an A-Player who is comfortable having responsibilities that may vary significantly from month to month. Some of the responsibilities of this position will include:
- Performing routine weekly accounting services including customer billing and accounts payable for multiple clients;
- Completing semi-monthly payroll processing for multiple clients;
- Assessing current client processes for efficiency and controls, and proposing, documenting, and implementing process improvements;
- Working with client staff and fellow consultants on various cross-departmental projects; and
- Assisting with audit, tax and due diligence related schedules and supporting documentation.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following:
- A passion for the consulting work-style and an entrepreneurial attitude;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work with client personnel at all levels within an organization;
- Self-motivation, maturity, and versatility;
- Ability to work proactively, solve problems and make decisions with minimal supervision;
- Resourcefulness with a “can-do” results-oriented approach to challenges and problem solving;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for teamwork;
- Ability to manage multiple clients’ needs simultaneously;
- Ability to work effectively at multiple client sites, as well as remotely;
- Ability to work efficiently in a technology-enabled environment;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with ADP Run payroll systems preferred;
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel and Word required;
- QuickBooks experience required;
- Bachelor degree required; and
- 2 to 4 years progressive accrual accounting experience required
The 9Gauge Partners culture is tough to beat. We have been named one of the Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and we are rated in the top 5 in Austin for Glassdoor Reviews. Our employees are empowered in serving their clients, work alongside a supportive team and with progressive leaders who truly value transparency and the impact our team makes each day. Our team enjoys competitive base salary plus bonus structure, comprehensive benefits offerings, and a flexible schedule.