9Gauge partners with clients to advise and deliver on solutions from business strategy to financial operations. We work alongside executives and management teams to ensure they make better information-driven business decisions by providing actionable insights out of the complexities of their data.
The mission of our Account Executive is to engage the Austin business community, which includes prospective clients and other service provider partners, to drive a successful lead gen strategy. You will be responsible for delivering an incredible customer experience from first conversation to handoff to our delivery team. From your first contact with a potential client or partner referring us work, your goal is to listen and learn the needs of the company, then through a programmatic exploratory process, help our delivery team carefully determine how we can add value with our services. This is an opportunity to extend the stellar reputation that 9Gauge carries in the Austin business community, and reap the rewards of our reputation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish 9Gauge as the partner of choice for our clients and the clients of our strategic partners
- Build a pipeline of potential clients to drive new client acquisitions, through partner referral meetings, attending business events, and prospecting
- Work with cross-functional 9Gauge teams to develop compelling client proposals
- Communicate with internal teams throughout the sales process, keeping all parties apprised of proposal status and content
- Keep Salesforce current with sales pipeline information and opportunity status updates, including monitoring and evaluating performance & KPIs such as pipeline development and deal advancement
- Manage the sales process, from initial exploratory through detailed discovery and kickoff, ensuring a positive experience for both clients and our delivery teams
- Develop and execute a strategy to build new mutually beneficial strategic partner relationships where we can refer new business to one another (SMB and Mid-market)
- Manage the marketing & nurturing of strategic partners, prospects and clients including creating joint go-to-market plans, co-sponsoring lead gen events, and ultimately achieving co-selling success
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3+
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
- Innovative self-starter with demonstrated thought-leadership in an individual contributor sales role
- Experience selling consulting services
- Proven network in the Austin market
- Knowledge of the finance and accounting needs of high-growth organizations, preferred
- Accounting and finance background is a huge plus!
Required Technical/ Functional Skills
- Proven ability to build and sustain long-term relationships with strategic partners and clients
- Ability to successfully collaborate in a team environment, as well as independently drive business development activities and events
- Track record of success selling to C-level executives
9Gauge Partners has enjoyed tremendous growth the last few years, mostly thanks to our reputation in the market with clients and strategic partners. Partner firms hear about the work we do for their clients and refer us to their other clients. Many 9Gauge clients are so happy with the work we deliver, they refer us to execs at other companies. In short, our success comes from delivering with excellence, exceeding expectations, and nurturing great relationships with clients and partners. Winning awards like Fast 50, Inc. 5000, and Adaptive Insights Rising Star was the icing on the cake for us in 2017.